Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

I left my heart in Austin

My first Austin experience... and let's just say I may have found my next home.  Some very dear friends from California came to visit.  Life is so much sweeter with friends that you've known for ages... and they still happen like you.  Now, like others have said, Austin is a lot like San Diego... with a Texas flair (and heat).

We stayed at the Driskill.  Highly recommend.  In the heart of downtown- walking distance to all sorts of fun and kept in vintage flair.


After a dip in the Barton Springs (also another rec, although beware... it is a top optional kind of place if you get what I mean)
We had to have BBQ!  Enter Salt Lick.  Heart {and stomach} be still.  




What a cool place with phenomenal food.
But more special was the company.
6th Street was so much fun.  Piano bar... dancing... bikers... whatever your heart desired, it was there.

What a great weekend.  I might be saving now for a move- their prices are also similar to San Diego's. =)  Keep Austin Weird.  That's why I belong.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...